Panto 5k 2023
Race Information and Terms & Conditions.
Please read this information and the terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions comprise the rules of the PANTO 5K 2022 which entrants agree to abide by.
The PANTO 5K takes place on Sunday 24th September 2023 at 10am and covers a route of approximately 5km, on pavement and grassland. The route is unmeasured and untimed.
We hope you have a really great time taking part, and together we raise lots of money to support our brilliant local Theatre.
Entry to the Panto 5K
- Entry is free but all runners must register by completing an entry form.
- All entrants pledge to raise at least £20 for The Theatre in sponsorship in return for participating.
- Online entries will not be accepted after 20th September 2022
- The Theatre will supply all entrants with: One entry to the Panto Run, a runner number, a link to set up your own sponsorship page and a medal on completion of the course.
- Your entry to the is only confirmed when you have set up your Just Giving Sponsorship page.
- Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult at all times, who must also submit an entry form.
Fundraising and Prize Draw
- We ask all entrants to pledge to raise at least £20 in sponsorship to help The Theatre continue to bring live performances, films & art to a wide audience at affordable prices & support our take part activities, outreach and community work in Chipping Norton.
- Sponsorship monies will be collected online via your Just Giving fundraising. All monies that you raise in connection with the Panto 5K will be held on trust for us and must be passed to us.
- This agreement remains in place until the Theatre have received all donations or sponsorship monies raised in relation to the Panto Run 2023.
- PRIZE DRAW participants will receive one entry to the Panto Prize draw for every £20 raised in sponsorship. The winner will receive 4no. tier B or C tickets to a performance of Cinderella at The Theatre. The prize can not be exchanged for an alternative event and no cash alternative will be offered. The winner will be drawn on Monday 25th September and notified by email. The Theatre’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
What to Wear
- Entrants are invited to wear pantomime fancy dress (this is optional, but strongly encouraged!)
- Prizes will be awarded for the best dressed characters. The decision of The Theatre judges will be final.
- Customisable limited edition Panto5K t-shirts (Men’s, women’s and kids sizes) are available and can be purchased from our website. We recommend that these are ordered in advance, and no later than 10 working days prior to the race.
- The Theatre regrets that it is unable to supply pantomime character costumes.
- Entrants must wear footwear suitable for the ground and weather conditions. The route is
On the Day
- Arrival time is from 9.15am. Please go to the registration desk on arrival and collect your race number.
- The race starts on Spring Street outside the auditorium at 10am prompt.
- Please bring your own filled water bottle as there will not be any single use bottled water this year.
- Although the route is fairly short this is still a strenuous event and all entrants - children and adults - must be physically capable of completing the distance on foot.
- People living with disabilities are welcome to take part subject to their ability to traverse the course. We regret that owing to the nature of the course it may not be suitable for some, including wheelchair users, or pushchairs/buggies.
- The route uses public pathways and footpaths as well as sections off road over grassland – please respect other member of the public who may also be present along the route.
Getting to the Race
Parking is very limited in Spring Street; please park in the main town car parks, car share or use alternative transport.
The Theatre reserves the right to use photographs or recorded footage taken at the event for digital marketing, online material, print material and advertising. If you would prefer not to be included in photographs or recordings in this way please let us know by making a member of staff aware on the day before the race commences and you will be asked to wear sash so you can easily be identified.
- By entering the Panto Run 2023 you agree to follow the reasonable direction of The Theatre staff and event volunteers, and to abide by the rules of the event, which include, but are not limited to: time limits, start procedures and timings and medical requirements. You will act responsibly at all times and will not bring the Panto Run or The Theatre into disrepute.
- You are responsible for your own medical condition and that of any participating children in your care. If you are in doubt about you or your child’s ability to take part in or complete the event you must consult your doctor before participating.
- All participants entering, and all supporters or spectators attending, do so entirely at their own risk and we, The Theatre, Theatre employees and volunteers, shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of the action of exercise, except for injury or loss caused as a direct result of our negligence or to the extent that any liability cannot be lawfully restricted or excluded by us under applicable law.
- No alcohol is to be brought to or consumed during the 5k course.
- No rubbish is to be left en-route.
- Smoking is not permitted at The Theatre or during the event.
- The Theatre may cancel this agreement at any time if you are in breach of the terms and conditions.
- In the event that the Panto Run 2023 is unavoidably cancelled by The Theatre we will reschedule to an alternative date.
- Complaints or queries should be addressed to the General Manager, The Theatre, 2 Spring Street, Chipping Norton, Oxon, OX7 5NL.