We have a wonderful team of over 80 volunteers who help The Theatre, and we would love for you to join us!
We have a variety of tasks that you can help us with, both in the daytime and the evening. Please note that Ushers must be aged 16 or over, though volunteers under 16 should get in touch as we are always happy to find other opportunities.
Volunteer as an Usher
What are the responsibilities of an Usher?
Ushers have a very important role as they work Front of House representing The Theatre. Some tasks include:
- Greeting audience members
- Admitting the audience into the auditorium
- Checking tickets
- Selling ice creams and merchandise
- Cleaning the auditorium post shows
What are the benefits of becoming an Usher?
- Working in a beautiful theatre and knowing that you are helping it survive and thrive
- When you have worked 10 shifts we will give you 2x complimentary tickets for a show of your choice!*
- A unique local opportunity to engage with cultural activities and explore new art-forms
- Joining us at social events, pre-season briefings and other special events
- Meeting new people and filling those empty gaps in your calendar
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
- Developing skills and knowledge
- Feeling valuable as part of a team by making a real difference to a much loved community asset
*Exclusions may apply
Volunteer in our Offices
There are always lots of fun and exciting projects going on within The Theatre, and we are always in need of a helping hand!
We have a relatively small team of just 16 full-time members of staff. We are a friendly bunch, who are passionate about seeing our Theatre succeed! We also love a good cup of tea, a biscuit and a natter - so if you would like more information about volunteering get in touch and we can organise a time for you to come in for a chat.
Whether you can give us one day a week, or one day a month - all help is very much appreciated!
We offer work experience placements for students from schools, colleges and universities, during the summer and Easter school holidays. These offer the opportunity to be involved with our Take Part workshops. In the summer we run drama and musical theatre workshops over a two-week period and the placements are for one week. During the Easter holiday a placement is generally for two days.
Please note that unfortunately we do not offer any acting opportunities, nor do we have costume, make-up, set-building or props departments.
Students are encouraged to apply personally via email to [email protected] . The email should include the work experience dates you are seeking. Should the dates be available you will be asked to attend a short, informal interview at The Theatre.