We have a wonderful team of over 80 volunteers who help keep The Theatre running, and we would love you to join us!
Volunteering as an Usher is a great way to get involved in Theatre life, and you can help us with this in either daytime or evening shifts. Please note that Ushers must be aged 16 or over, though volunteers under 16 should get in touch as we are always happy to find other opportunities.
What are the responsibilities of an Usher?
- Greeting audience members
- Admitting the audience into the auditorium
- Checking and scanning tickets
- Selling ice creams and merchandise
- Tidying the auditorium at the end of a show
What are the benefits of becoming an Usher?
- Working in a beautiful building and knowing that your support is helping it to survive and thrive
- After working 10 shifts as an Usher, we will give you 2 complimentary tickets for a show of your choice!*
- A unique opportunity to engage with cultural activities and explore new art-forms
- Joining us at social gatherings, pre-season briefings and other special events
- Meeting new people
- Gaining confidence, self-esteem and developing new skills
- Feeling valuable as part of a team by making a real difference to a much-loved community asset
*Exclusions may apply
How to apply for Volunteer Ushering
If this role interests you then please get in touch with Glenn, our Front of House Manager.
Contact list of staff members