Youth Theatre | Ages 7 - 18 | Spring Term 2021
Playing at The Theatre
W/C 12th Jan-22th Mar (excluding week 15th-19th Feb) - CANCELLED UNTIL HALF TERM
*Cancelled until half term*
Our highly-regarded Youth Theatre, now in its 30th year, develops young people's performance skills, creativity and imagination, but also has a proven track record of increasing self-confidence, whilst enhancing basic life skills.
Autumn 2019 - Summer 2020 Groups:
School Year 11+ - Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 7pm
School Year 10 - Fridays, 4:15pm - 5:30pm
School Year 9 - Fridays, 5:30pm - 7pm
School Year 8 - Tuesdays, 5:30pm - 7pm
School Year 6 - Wednesdays, 4:15pm - 5:30pm & Fridays 4:15pm - 5:30pm
School Year 5 - Mondays, 4.15pm - 5.30pm
School Year 3 & 4 - Thursday, 4.15pm - 5.30pm
Why Chipping Norton Youth Theatre?
• We believe in being inclusive, so there are no auditions! Everyone is welcome.
• Our groups are school-age banded, so skills are developmental and the topics explored age appropriate.
• Our Youth Theatre has the tremendous benefit of meeting at a professional theatre, which gives the young people access to perform on The Theatre’s stage!
• We have highly experienced and friendly practitioners.
• It is a great way to meet new friends and have fun.
What happens at a Youth Theatre session?
The Youth Theatre sessions focus on improvising, script and movement work with an emphasis on encouraging the young people to explore their own ideas through devised drama. This approach carries through into their productions when in order to avoid the ‘stars and chorus’ concept each performer contributes their ideas and the stage time is equally shared - the results consistently highlight the breadth of interest and imagination of our young people.
Youth Theatre Alumni
Past Youth Theatre members include professional actors, such as Rupert Friend (Homeland, The Death of Stalin) Jodie Tyack, (Unforgotten, Noughts + Crosses) and Lucy Pearman, actor, comedian and writer (The Mind of Herbert Clunkerdunk, Harry Hill’s Club Nite), but also those who have entered an incredibly wide variety of careers such as engineering, teaching, and even taxidermy!