THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE OPEN AIR THEATRE @ Heath Farm
26 June 2021 - 27 June 2021
Wander through bosky paths and gardens to find this secret, natural lakeside amphitheatre, surrounded by woodland and beautiful Oxfordshire countryside. Bring your own picnic blanket to relax on the hillside and watch the sunset over the trees.
An unfortunate case of mishearing initiates the plot for The Pirates of Penzance, resulting in a dramatic change of direction for Frederic who sets a course to become a pirate rather than a ‘pilot’! The twists and turns of this classic operetta unfold with ingenious characters, sublime lyrics and some of the best-known songs in opera. Oxfordshire's own Opera Anywhere bring Gilbert and Sullivan's favourite to these stunning surroundings.
Generously supported by Heath Farm Holiday Cottages and Duncan and Jaynie Ford.
Special thanks to Parkside Architectural Tiles.
About the event
- Join us onsite for an explore and an evening drink from an hour before each performance. The show will begin promptly at the advertised start time.
- Audiences can sit on the grass or bring a picnic blanket/cushions from home.
- Bar and catering provided onsite, but picnics also allowed. Gourmet burgers, wraps and salads available onsite from Tastes Good, Does Good catering.
- We will run events outside in most weather conditions, where it is safe to do so. Please dress appropriately!
- For directions, and further information on the venue CLICK HERE
- On the evening of Saturday 26th June, the event will be preceded by a VIP fundraising event - The Farm Fiesta. For more information and bookings, CLICK HERE