THE GREATEST SHOWMAN OPEN AIR CINEMA @ CN Rugby Club
04 June 2021
Join us on the playing fields at Chipping Norton Rugby Club for some summer crowd pleasers!
Orphaned, penniless, but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American entertainer, Phineas Taylor Barnum, will always be remembered as the man with the gift to blur the line between reality and fiction.
Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor manages to open a wax museum; however, he soon shifts focus to the unique and the peculiar, introducing extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Now, some people call Barnum's rich collection of oddities, an outright freak show; but, when Phineas, obsessed for cheers and respectability, gambles everything on the opera singer, Jenny Lind, to appeal to a high-brow audience, he will lose sight of the most crucial aspect of his life: his family.
Will Barnum, the greatest showman, risk it all to be accepted?
About the event
- Join us onsite for an explore and an evening drink from 7.30pm. The film will begin at sunset.
- Tickets can be booked in one of two zones. In Zone A audiences are closer to the screen (not too close!) and can sit on the grass or bring a picnic blanket from home. In Zone B, audiences may sit on fold up/camping chairs bought from home, or hire deck chairs from us.
- Bring picnic blankets/fold up chairs or hire a deck chair from us. Bar and catering provided onsite, but picnics also allowed.
- Classic hog roast, hot dogs and vegetarian options available onsite from Big Lee’s BBQ and Grill.
- We will run events outside in most weather conditions, where it is safe to do so. In the case of severe/unsafe forecasts on the day, the event will run indoors, socially distanced, at Chipping Norton Theatre. Please dress appropriately!
- To minimise noise pollution, the film soundtrack/audio will be provided on individual (sanitised) headsets.
- For directions, and further information on the venue CLICK HERE