THE GREATEST SHOWMAN OPEN AIR CINEMA @ Broughton Castle
28 May 2021
Cross the moat and enter the stately courtyard of sixteenth century Broughton Castle near Banbury for one of the most exclusive and atmospheric open air cinema locations in the country
Orphaned, penniless, but ambitious and with a mind crammed with imagination and fresh ideas, the American entertainer, Phineas Taylor Barnum, will always be remembered as the man with the gift to blur the line between reality and fiction.
Thirsty for innovation and hungry for success, the son of a tailor manages to introduce extraordinary, never-seen-before live acts on the circus stage. Will Barnum, the greatest showman, risk it all to be accepted?
Presented with the generous support of the Fiennes family at Broughton Castle
About the event
- Bring picnic blankets/fold up chairs or hire a deck chair from us. Bar and catering provided onsite, but picnics also allowed.
- Join us onsite for an explore and an evening drink from 7.30pm. The film will begin at sunset. Steak frites with sides and sauces, veggie and vegan options available from Gourdans onsite.
- We will run events outside in most weather conditions, where it is safe to do so. In the case of severe/unsafe forecasts on the day, the event will run indoors, socially distanced, at Chipping Norton Theatre. Please dress appropriately!
- To minimise noise pollution, the film soundtrack/audio will be provided on individual (sanitised) headsets.
- Tickets can be booked in one of two zones. In Zone A audiences are closer to the screen (not too close!) and can sit on the grass or bring a picnic blanket from home. In Zone B, audiences may sit on fold up/camping chairs bought from home, or hire deck chairs from us.
- For directions, and further information on the venue CLICK HERE