ROMEO AND JULIET OPEN AIR CINEMA @ Heath Farm
30 May 2021
Wander through bosky paths and gardens to find this secret, natural lakeside amphitheatre, surrounded by woodland and beautiful Oxfordshire countryside.
Baz Luhrmann helped adapt this classic Shakespearean romantic tragedy for the screen, updating the setting to a post-modern city named Verona Beach.
In this version, now celebrating its 25th anniversary, the Capulets and the Montagues are two rival gangs. Juliet (Claire Danes) is attending a costume ball thrown by her parents. Her father Fulgencio Capulet (Paul Sorvino) has arranged her marriage to the boorish Paris (Paul Rudd) as part of a strategic investment plan. Romeo attends the masked ball and he and Juliet fall in love.
About the event
- Join us onsite for an explore and an evening drink from 7.30pm. The film will begin at sunset.
- Audiences can sit on the grass or bring a picnic blanket/cushions from home.
- Bar and catering provided onsite, but picnics also allowed.
- Gourmet burgers, wraps and salads available onsite from Tastes Good, Does Good catering.
- We will run events outside in most weather conditions, where it is safe to do so. In the case of severe/unsafe forecasts on the day, the event will run indoors, socially distanced, at Chipping Norton Theatre. Please dress appropriately!
- To minimise noise pollution, the film soundtrack/audio will be provided on individual (sanitised) headsets.
- For directions, and further information on the venue CLICK HERE