MOULIN ROUGE OPEN AIR CINEMA @ Heath Farm
31 May 2021
Wander through bosky paths and gardens to find this secret, natural lakeside amphitheatre, surrounded by woodland and beautiful Oxfordshire countryside.
The year is 1899, and Christian, a young English writer, has come to Paris to follow the Bohemian revolution taking hold of the city's drug and prostitute infested underworld. And nowhere is the thrill of the underworld more alive than at the Moulin Rouge, a night club where the rich and poor men alike come to be entertained by the dancers, but things take a wicked turn for Christian as he starts a deadly love affair with the star courtesan of the club, Satine. But her affections are also coveted by the club's patron: the Duke. A dangerous love triangle ensues as Satine and Christian attempt to fight all odds to stay together but a force that not even love can conquer is taking its toll on Satine...
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of this romantic musical adventure.
Generously supported by Heath Farm Holiday Cottages
About the event
- Join us onsite for an explore and an evening drink from 7.30pm. The film will begin at sunset.
- Audiences can sit on the grass or bring a picnic blanket from home.
- Bar and catering provided onsite, but picnics also allowed.
- We will run events outside in most weather conditions, where it is safe to do so. In the case of severe/unsafe forecasts on the day, the event will run indoors, socially distanced, at Chipping Norton Theatre. Please dress appropriately!
- To minimise noise pollution, the film soundtrack/audio will be provided on individual (sanitised) headsets.
- For directions, and further information on the venue CLICK HERE