LONDON DJANGO COLLECTIVE @ MERRISCOURT
27 July 2022
The London Django Collective are a troupe of young jazz musicians based in the capital. Remaining in the spirit of Django Reinhardt, they inject a youthful energy into the Gypsy jazz genre from within the vibrant London jazz scene and are each considered brilliant improvisers in their own right.
Fresh from two sold-out concerts at Ronnie Scott’s and following their debut EP releases, the LDC have been making moves out of London. Each member of the collective brings their own dimension to the music, carefully dusting off classic repertoire whilst bringing new and original music into the mix. Each live show is an exciting improvisational showcase of the band and a testing ground for new music.
The band features violinist Matt Holborn, guitarists Harry Diplock, Kourosh Kanani and Robin Katz and double bassist Pete Thomas.
Events supported by Merriscourt, The Cotswolds leading party and wedding venue
About the event
- The site and bar will be open from one hour before performance time.
- Bring picnic blankets/fold up chairs or hire a deck chair from us (select at checkout)
- Bar and onsite gourmet pizza kitchen, serving pizza, salads and deserts. No pre-orders necessary, but please contact the Box Office in advance if you require vegan or gluten-free options (01608 642350)
- In the case of wet or windy weather, the event may be moved indoors.
- For directions, access information and further information on the venue CLICK HERE